Melio is seeking a passionate Fullstack Engineer to join our expanding team:
- Level: Intermediate - Senior
- Position: Full time
- Salary: Negotiable based on technical experience
- Location: South Africa (Remote)
Minimum 2 years of experience working with as a fullstack engineer.
Backend experience preferrably with Python but Go and Java experience are fine. Frontend with React / Vue JS.
As a fast-paced start-up, our day-to-day is never the same. We look for candidates who love to take up new challenges and have the flexibility to go above-and-beyond the call of duty.
That being said, this specific role is for a team member to work in the Cloud & Infrastructure team as a Fullstack Software Engineer.
The candidate will be consulting on client projects to build and deliver cloud-native application software. The candidate will be responsible for the development and deployment of the software. This includes designing and building new features, integrating into existing systems, and continuously improving the software solution. This requires the candidate to work closely with clients’ stakeholders, QA, operational, and data science teams to ensure features are reliably delivered.
Melio believes in nurturing cross-functional capabilities in our team, so you will need to work closely with other technical roles, such as business analysts, data scientists, DevOps engineers, and other software engineers either just to observe or to assist.
This is a technical role, but due to the consulting nature of many of our projects, the candidate needs to be able to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
What you will be working on
- Understand and identify the clients’ needs and pain points.
- Design and analyse functional and non-functional requirements for the application aligning to the clients’ needs.
- Design, develop and maintain application software, relational databases, system APIs, system integrations, and web user interfaces.
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines of the systems.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Strong communications skills and comfortable presenting your own thoughts to technical and business stakeholders.
- Document designed solutions and implemented tools.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the client or industry.
- Collaborate and share technical knowledge with team members and co-workers.
- Some understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem and desire to learn and grow in this environment.
What you would be assisting other team members with (secondary responsibilities)
- Assist in analysing system usage patterns to detect and remediate issues, performance, and security problems.
- Assist in developing and deploying machine learning pipelines.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 2 - 5 years experience working with data science and data engineering. Previous experience with software development (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
- Experience with agile methodologies and techniques used in software development.
- Designing and building cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, and APIs
- Competent in Docker and container technologies
- Experience with Git, Linux (bash), and at least 1 cloud provider
- Contribute and/or passionate about open source projects.
- Start up/side project/product experience.
- At least one AWS certification, i.e. Developer Associate.
- Experience in Kubernetes.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Interested in learning more about Cloud Native Computing Foundation technologies.
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends clearly and confidently.
- Able to interact with other team members via code and design documents.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Curious and eager to learn about new technologies.
- Strong in critical thinking and problem-solving.
If you are interested in this position please email Harry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the below information:
- Expected Salary
- Notice period