Melio is seeking a passionate DevOps Engineer to join our expanding team:
- Level: Intermediate
- Position: Full time
- Salary: Negotiable based on technical experience
- Location: South Africa (Remote)
Minimum 1 year of experience working with Kubernetes (essential)
Have software (fullstack) development experience
As a fast-paced start-up, our day-to-day is never the same. We look for candidates who love to take up new challenges and have the flexibility to go above-and-beyond the call of duty.
That being said, this specific role is for a team member to work in the Cloud & Infrastructure team as a DevOps Engineer.
You will be working with clients on projects focused on delivering reliable application software to production efficiently with a cloud-native approach. This includes managing and implementing infrastructure and deployment processes for new and existing projects. This requires the candidate to work closely with developers, QA and operational teams to ensure robust infrastructure and site reliability.
We work with the cloud-native ecosystem and help clients navigate the CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) landscape. The candidate will be exposed to evaluating and integrating CNCF projects with the clients’ own technology stack.
What you will be working on
- Work directly with the Development and Technical Support teams to design, implement and test application software
- Brainstorm new solutions to improve development and deployment delivery
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management for application software
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Implement and manage CI (Continuos Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) tools
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve application development and deployment
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers on development and operations
- Document designed solutions and implemented tools
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the client or industry
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
What you would be assisting other team members with (secondary responsibilities)
- You may from time-to-time be required to help out with backend development
- Assist data scientists and machine learning engineers to deploy their models into production
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- 3 years experience in DevOps/SRE role, or related computer engineering field
- At least one AWS certification (minimum Cloud Practitioner)
- 1 year of experience in Kubernetes or other CNCF projects
- Contribute and/or passionate about open source projects
- Certifications (CKA, CKAD or AWS SysOps Administrator)
- Start up/side project/product experience
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends clearly and confidently.
- Able to interact with other team members via code and design documents.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Curious and eager to learn about new technologies.
- Strong in critical thinking and problem-solving.
If you are interested in this position please email Harry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the below information:
- Expected Salary
- Notice period